Neshaminy Educational Support Professional Association
ADDITIONAL STRIKE INFORMATION
If there is another teacher’s strike all classifications are to report to work your regular hours EXCEPT the following:
Do NOT report:
· AIDES (except computer lab aides and bus aides that may be working)
· FOOD SERVICE – (except only those that have been assigned to work for particular function(s) maybe working)
· BUS DRIVERS – (except those that have private schools will be working)
If you have been told otherwise, contact your immediate supervisor to verify.
Kids club will be in the following schools: Everitt, Hoover and Ferderbar but staffed by their own employees.
Only 48 hours notice has to be given to the District of a strike and support staff only has to be given 24 hours notice by the District.
Night activities are still being held in the buildings.
If a strike occurs and you have a vacation scheduled June 18 to 29th, you need to check with your immediate supervisor and if you have any difficulties you need to contact your Association.
(PA Department of Labor & Industry)
Unemployment Compensation Service Center phone no. (1) 888-313-7284. The Service Center is open Monday to Friday from 7 am to 8:30 pm and Sunday from 7 am to 2:30 pm.
1. If you already have opened a claim you DO NOT have the 5 day waiting period and just have to reopen your claim.
2. If you are apply for the first time you then need to begin as a new claim.
3. District is trying to obtain same person to handle our concerns at Unemployment.
The REASON you are applying for unemployment is because you are locked out of your job due to ANOTHER UNION on STRIKE. Your Association and you personally are NOT on strike. When you say the reason is because of a strike, unemployment then assumes YOU are on strike and not entitled to collect.
If you have any problems or questions, please feel free to use the email address at the top of this page and we will answer you as quickly as possible.